Tuesday, May 3, 2011

NYC makes me smile.


My first morning in New York I thought I would see how many smiles I could give out, before I did not get one back. That was a week ago and still every smile has come back, some with a “good morning”. There was one moment on the subway when I thought my smile might have been a bit much but it all worked out.

It has been a dream of mine for some time to move to this city to experience this energy. I walk up the stairs onto the street and a bit of my breath is taken away by the beauty. In spring it is easy to be carried along, there is a warm breeze here, and gentle sun. I seem to have been given many soft landings after big jumps. The city is no less amazing then I imagined it to be, it may be even a bit better. Eddie’s room feels very calm with much focus. I do not feel a need to push but there is an expectation in the air that you are doing your best. There is a mini retreat with Eddie and his wife next weekend, I am so glad I made it here in time.

My roommate is so lovely. She could not be any more understanding of me being a vegan and how that plays out in our kitchen. Her parents are visiting at the moment and I notice how much I enjoy having more people around. I think I used to need more alone time and now I find more joy with many people around. There were always people around when I was growing up, I see now the more childish joys returning.

I feel very simple and calm in this big city. I feel a spring season happening inside as well as out. I understand the settling of India into a sheet of underlining compassion. Once again I have been given more blessings then I know what to do with, so I will do my best to pass them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment