Friday, November 12, 2010


There is something in this moment that will not be in the next. There is something that can only be experienced in the now and not in retrospect. It’s going in with an openness that looks for nothing and is open to everything. I can feel the learning of being in the present moment sinking slightly deeper. I am having amazing experiences and just enjoying them, not trying to make it last or wondering what will happen when it’s finished. I have these moments sometimes where joy overtakes me and I know if I could be anywhere in the world doing absolutely anything that which I am doing would be it. I remember in New Zealand one night taking a bath under the stars, as the tub was outside, and being so blissed out I could not move. In Katmandu sitting on the roof of the orphanage engulfed in stars and knowing with out a doubt that I was connected to everything to everyone. I met my first Hindus in Nepal that summer. I was there as a part of a team laying a driveway so the bus could get in and out to take the kids to school. I was a practicing Christian at the time. There was one small shop just outside the orphanage that was owned by a Hindu family. I had never been faced with such kindness, openness, and warmth. I was wrapped in a sari and given a bindi on my first trip for a Fanta. I spent a good amount of time at their shop and walking with the two young girls of the family. We waked through rice patty fields and jumped up into trees to avoid being run over by cows on narrow dirt paths. The more time I spent with the family the more I understood their devotion to god. My beliefs were changed in an entirely new way, did I really believe theses people were going to burn in hell? No. My prayers changed that summer, and from then until now have been the same. I ask for the truth and guidance toward it.

As you can imagine there is a lot of talk here of yoga, enlightenment, and why we each do our practice. I am sure enlightenment would be great and a lasting sense of oneness with then divine may one day be coming. For now though inner peace seems a lofty enough goal, and as the music from the Ganapati Temple makes it’s way though my window some peace is here. If I could be anywhere doing anything this would be it. I will take this blessing and do my best with it, then let it go.

So this is where I am and that’s where I am at.

I’m off now to coconut oil my sunburn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment