Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3 things on the 10th day


Today is the end of day 10 of the vegan experiment and I've noticed the 3 main things. It can be hard to tell sometimes what causes what but....

1. No "who's body is this!" morning yet. I practice Ashtanga Yoga 6 mornings a week and usually about 3 of those days I feel stiff, perhaps even paining. Since I have been vegan do you know how many of those days I have had? ZERO. This is crazy, crazy.

2 . Honey has been the food I missed most in these 10 days, but not anymore! For those who don't know I get to work in the morning about 5:15 and sit at the desk and drink my Earl grey with soy milk and honey, but now honey is out. Pure maple syrup works as a replacement for honey. This is super exciting as my morning tea is a great source of happiness and a real treat. Bees are sentient beings too.

3. A greater capacity for love, this is fairly huge. There have been very specific examples of this recently that I don't feel comfortable sharing but it is a general feeling as well. It's a peaceful feeling inside, as if I can now see God more places, in more people.

In general it's going great. I made chili and cornbread today, the cornbread was marginal but the chili was very tasty. My digestion is great and my energy levels are normal. I think I may be sleeping better too. Perhaps I rest a bit easier knowing I had a little less to do with the suffering of others today, or maybe it's just the chamomile tea.
Many blessings and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment