Thursday, September 9, 2010

21 Day Vegan

I have thought about becoming a vegan as long as I have been a vegetarian, for ethical reasons mainly. It always seemed to hard, too inconvenient really. Then last month 2 things happened that made it happen. First I read "The Dalai Lama, a policy of kindness", and second Harmony posted a link on FB that made spending 21 days as a vegan pretty simple.

The book is an anthology of writings about and by the Dalai Lama, HHDL as we referred to him in McLeod Ganj. I had the good fortune to study with His Holiness the Dalai Lama a few years back in Northern India, since which I have been smitten. His message in the book as in life is simple, develop compassion toward all sentient beings. We are to help and if we can not help, don't harm.

Harmony Litchy posted a website on FB that gives a menu, shopping list, and all kinds of tips for free. I'm now at the end of my third day and I feel great. The first night as I went to bed this peace came over me, the feeling of being inline with myself. I just finished a bowl of tasty soup, and a side of "beans and greens" I feel full and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment